For each Kharif & Rabi Season, this activity was started during 1961-62.
Collection of Crop Acreage Statistics (Goshawara Jinswars) and Land Use Statistics for each Kharif & Rabi from 26,000 Mouzas of Punjab, through Revenue Patwaris by using the Services of Director Land Record.
- Tabulation on Land Use Statistics mainly includes Cultivated Area (Net Sown Area & Current Fallow), Uncultivated Area (Culturable Waste, Forest Area & Area not available for Cultivation) and Cropped Area by Tehsil.
- Computer Print-out of Crop Acreage Reports (Kharif & Rabi)
- Analytical Report On Rabi Census and Kharif Census
The different users of this data are mentioned below:
- Revenue Department and P&D Department
- Ministry of Food, Agriculture & Livestock, (Economic Wing) Islamabad.
- Federal Bureau of Statistics
- Crop Reporting Services Agriculture Department for the preparation of Final Crop Production Estimates.
- For Inclusion in Bureau’s Publications:-
- Punjab Development Statistics
- Statistical Pocket Book of Punjab
- Research Institutes