PunjabInfo is a database system that harnesses the power of advanced information technology to compile and disseminate data on human development. In particular, the system has been endorsed by the UN Development Group to assist countries in monitoring achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). PunjabInfo provides methods to organize, store and display data in a uniform way to facilitate data sharing at the country level across government departments, UN agencies and development partners. PunjabInfo contains simple and user-friendly features that produce tables, graphs and maps for inclusion in reports, presentations and advocacy materials. The software supports both standard indicators as well as user-defined indicators. PunjabInfo is compliant with international statistical standards to support open access and widespread data exchange.
PunjabInfo is the customized version of the DevInfo. DevInfo is distributed royalty-free to all Member States and UN agencies for deployment on both desktops and the web. The user interface of the system and the contents of the databases supported by the system include country-specific branding and packaging options which have been designed for broad ownership by national authorities. PunjabInfo has adopted international standards in the areas of indicators, data sources and digital maps.
PunjabInfo 6.1 – New Version
PunjabInfo has evolved from a decade of innovations in database systems that support informed decision making and that promote the use of data to advocate for human development. Its utility is being explored and exploited to the benefit of development initiatives around the world. The community of PunjabInfo users can look forward to this cutting-edge database technology deployed as a hybrid application for desktop, intranet and internet usage with greater simplicity in usage and intuitive interaction. It offers many new powerful features and easier access to its vast spectrum of data presentation capabilities with lesser clicks.
This version contains significant advancements in usability with a reduced learning curve for first-time users. The technology has been optimized to improve performance for large data sets. It includes powerful animated data presentation methods, enhanced web collaboration and extended mapping features. It supports MS Access, MS SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle. The ‘all new’ features include the launch of a customizable desktop side bar with widgets for gallery objects, RSS feeds with PunjabInfo news, facts and figures. A parallel minimal install of ‘PunjabInfo Lite’ would enable users to run the database tool directly from the CD ROM without installing it on their hard drives.
- The main features of PunjabInfo are as under:
- PunjabInfo is a tool for organizing, storing, preservation and presenting data in a uniform way to facilitate data sharing at various levels across government departments, UN agencies, development partners and other data users.
- PunjabInfo presents information in the form of tables, maps, graphs and reports.
- It can be organized by indicators (segregated by sex and geographic regions), which allows multiple sources of data for the same indicator with various time periods. It allows comparison among indicators, areas, time periods and sources.
- PunjabInfo enables us to identify disparities among different geographical areas.
- Provides easy and quick data sharing and data can easily be transferred to MS Excel.
- It has the function of metadata which provides necessary technical information about the selected indicators.
- PunjabInfo can compute simple composite index and other basic calculations such as;
- 100 Minus (Backward Statistics)
- Composite Index
- Transform Unit
PunjabInfo Initiative takes a strategic approach towards strengthening the monitoring and evaluation capacity of public and private agencies by developing innovative technological solutions to track progress on various sectors. This is achieved by integrating management information and geographic information systems, software training, technical support services, data dissemination solutions and technical publications. PunjabInfo strives to add value to national statistical systems by complementing existing databases and bridging dissemination gaps, with the objective of fully engaging both government and civil society in policy choices that yield measurable results.
To download PunjabInfo Software Click Here